Nov 29, 2010

Movie Mondays!




I really enjoyed this quiet character piece about a hardcore gambler (Famke Janssen) trying to get custody of her son. Pool and (to a lesser extent) Poker provide the backdrop as Kailey tries to win enough money to realize her dream. Rip Torn mines familiar territory in a supporting role as the proprietor and backer of Janssen’s character. Overall the movie doesn’t break any new ground but is more about performance and dialog than anything else. It’s the kind of film I believe actors can appreciate as well as anyone who is interested the more subtle nuances of film.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: